News from the Pipemaking Workshop with the Funk.
Talbert Pipes Website - Kentucky Fried Popcorn - My Web Comic.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

New stain, Better pics

I wasn't very pleased by the photographic results of those last shots from the workshop, so today I took advantage of the natural light out in the retail smoking lounge and snapped some considerably better photos of the new stain for sandblasts. I'd like feedback on this, as I'm likely to start finishing a fair number of pipes this way and I'd like to know beforehand if everyone hates it. It's a very subtle two-tone, with a color shift from a medium mahogany red in the recesses to yellow-gold on the highlights, with a semi-matte finish. I like it, but it does require some work, whereas just leaving a pipe unstained is of course zero labor, so I suppose the question is whether anyone else thinks it looks decent or not.



1 comment:

  1. Personally, I like it a lot. I also liked some of the very high-contrast blasts with the colors you rejected - so take my opinion with a grain of salt....

    ReplyDelete