News from the Pipemaking Workshop with the Funk.
Talbert Pipes Website - Kentucky Fried Popcorn - My Web Comic.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Progress

I thought I'd follow up the previous post about the design process with a quick shot of the pipe in progress. I'll try to post pics of the progress as I can, though I'm working pretty ferociously on this (major overtime days) in hopes of getting it finished in a matter of a week rather than multiples. The process has been sped up a bit by some excellent new tools I received as Christmas gifts - The grinders in the pic below are fantastic at fast, controlled removal of stock in places wheels and drums can't handle. They don't load up like sanding drums, and I expect them to outlast a bucket of drums. Every carver should have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment