News from the Pipemaking Workshop with the Funk.
Talbert Pipes Website - Kentucky Fried Popcorn - My Web Comic.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Last of the Blowfishies

Whew! Tomorrow the last of my six week run of blowfish shapes will be going out the door, enabling me to get to work on a few new Goblins and finally start thinking about a group pipe set for a particular pipe club. I close this run with my usual mixed feelings that I always have when doing blowfish - I always feel that the shape is so fundamentally "Jess" that I get turf-encroachment vibes. Perhaps that's behind my tendency to go in odd directions with the shape. I don't have this problem at all with the classical English shapes, strangely enough. This fishy came out absolutely enormous - note the scale of the pipe to the bit! It will shortly be on its way to a happy buyer who, one must hope, really likes pipes that you can knock someone out with...



1 comment:

  1. Well, Trever, you know where to call if he doesn't like it...

    Best regards,
    Naum

    ReplyDelete