News from the Pipemaking Workshop with the Funk.
Talbert Pipes Website - Kentucky Fried Popcorn - My Web Comic.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pretty, pretty, pretty

My luck has been really bizarre lately. I'm trying to work on an order for a middle-grade sandblast (for another pipemaker, no less!), and after two discards, I got this - One of the more flawless pipes I've handled this year. I kept sanding and thinking, "OK, I'll surely hit something sooner or later that will make this the sandblast it needs to be for this order"... but, alas, no dice. I'm not sure if this counts as being lucky or unlucky! Tomorrow I'll have to decide what to do with it, whether to post it to the website catalog, send it to Larry, or send it to China. It's a very big pipe, though, with a pretty huge bowl, and I'm not sure how well this would work in China - though it would at least provide a smooth pipe for them to see. Must think about this tonight. I do have a small website update coming tomorrow anyway, with two new "paneled beer mug" Ligne Bretagne sandblasts waiting to be posted. Production has been lousy this month, though - too much seasonal shopping to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment