News from the Pipemaking Workshop with the Funk.
Talbert Pipes Website - Kentucky Fried Popcorn - My Web Comic.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Talbert Christmas Carol

`Twas the night before Christmas, all snug in the house.
I left the cooking to Emily... Heh, what a louse!
I sat down to clean pipes with a feeling of dread,
unnerved by the sounds of strange footsteps o'erhead.
Two evenings with family, the gauntlet was thrown.
Would I have stayed in France, had I only known?
"Nah", I thought, "I'm better off here."
"Surrounded by casks of good winter beer!"
Christmas is fun, Christmas is shiny,
Christmas is even for those who are whiny.
Those who spend this time bitching and moaning.
can be easily replaced, with the help of good cloning.
This season is made for wishes and dreaming.
Just try to tune out the relatives' screaming.
So we'll have our big dinners, and we'll dance and we'll sing,
even if Santa doesn't bring us a thing!
Because at the end of the day, the thing that has meaning
is the warm family feeling....  and getting out of the cleaning!
So Merry Christmas to all!  We hope for the best,
and please don't get charged with resisting arrest.

Happy Holidays!




2 comments:

  1. Joerg Wittkamp12/30/2009 5:45 AM

    Hello Emily, hello Trever,

    I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas time.
    Gaby and me wishing you all the best for 2010. Lots of happines, luck, success and mostly important..health.

    And if you ever will visit Germany again, you are always welcome in my home.

    Joerg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! I do hope to visit Germany again someday - We had a great time while we were there. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete